Welcome to the Savvy Events Blog! Dig in as we share practical event planning tips, experiential marketing guidance, and design inspiration. You'll get a peek inside of our recent events, learn how to add style and flare to your own events and get to swoon over breathtaking imagery. We're so happy you're here.
The holiday season is quickly approaching and we wanted to share some tips on how to make your holiday party Savvy. Whether you’re planning a corporate holiday party or an intimate party at home for your closest family and friends these tips will be useful. Of course we recommend Contacting Us to assist with pulling all of the details together, but if you’re going at the planning solo here are some tips for coordinating the savviest bash of them all!
1. Don’t Wait – Start Planning Early! Do not hold off on planning your holiday party. Restaurants and Hotels book up to a year in advance for holiday parties so if you have your mind set on a particular venue – reach out to them asap. You’ll want to solidify your venue so you can get all of the other pieces in place. If you’re having the party at your office or home – score! You just saved yourself big bucks on renting a venue – but still don’t delay with pulling all of the other details together. You’ve got design, catering, entertainment, etc.
2. Stay Organized – ensure that every i is dotted and t is crossed. As soon as you’ve locked in a date and time for your event be sure you lock-in vendors, including your venue, caterer, entertainment, graphic design, rentals, etc. You’ll want to create a detailed timeline to stay on track and also to keep your vendors in the know.
3. Create an Experience – You want your guests to not just attend a holiday party but to be a part of an experience. Design is so much more than just making things look pretty you want your entire event to have a very distinctive feel. If you’re hosting a holiday party for your clients or donors include little details that are important to them. We worked with a non-profit some years ago that worked with abused and abandoned children in the foster care system – they had children create hand painted Christmas ornaments that complimented the event design. The guests loved this very simple yet special touch. We always advise against being cookie cutter and doing something that is unique to your brand or personality.
4. Get the most bang for your buck – Find ways to effectively maximize your event budget without sacrificing the quality of your event. This could mean having various appetizer stations opposed to a full sit-down dinner. Serving only beer and wine opposed to having a full open bar. Also, you’d be amazed at how simply asking for a discount can actually work. If you’re hosting an event at a venue you are looking to establish a future relationship with – ask for a discount – the worst that can happen is they tell you No. There are ways to cut costs and still have a swanky and savvy event.
5. Remember the purpose of the event – if you’re hosting a corporate holiday party it is imperative to remember the purpose of the event. You truly want to recognize your employees for the hard work they have put in throughout the year. Be sure that the spirit of the party focuses on recognition and giving thanks. Many organizations choose to incorporate an employee recognition or awards portion to their holiday parties. This is a highly effective way of recognizing staff amongst their peers.
6. Have Fun! After all of your hard work be sure that you create an atmosphere of fun for your guests. Allow them to enjoy delectable food, refreshing beverages and amazing entertainment while celebrating the holidays. For corporations, your staff dedicate so much of themselves to your organization it’s imperative to give back to them. The same is to be said if you’re hosting a party for your donors or clients – show your thanks and appreciation to them by putting together a well thought out event.
Remember, you don’t have to break the bank to put together a fabulously designed party that maximizes your event budget. If your organization needs assistance with pulling the details together be sure to Contact Us to learn how we can help.
Photo Credit: Billy Farrell/BFAnyc.com
Grab our free copy on budgeting like a pro. It'll be delivered directly to your email inbox!
book your event
14900 Magnolia Blvd. #57351
Sherman Oaks, CA 91413
By Appointment Only
Savvy Events is a full-service event production company based in Los Angeles, CA.