There’s no denying that we live in the exciting and ever-advancing age of technology. We have any number of convenient devices and apps at our fingertips (why, hello Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat…the list can go on and on). This is excellent news for businesses and corporations who regularly host events. Whether your event is designed as a means of promoting your brand or as a way to boost employee morale, incorporating technology into your next event is sure to make the process go smoothly and efficiently.
Before the Event
- Plan, plan, plan…to make sure you’re creating an engaging and effective event. There are literally thousands of event ideas available online. Do the usual Google search, but don’t forget Pinterest and Instagram. These platforms can be goldmines of information and visual inspiration.
- To make event registration as quick and easy as possible for your guests, set up mobile phone registration. There are several event registration apps from which to choose. For example, the Eventbrite Organizer app makes it super simple for businesses to create and track events, while making it convenient for attendees to register and stay informed.
- Getting the word out about your event builds buzz and excitement. Be sure to post your event info to all of your social media platforms. Make it fun by sharing teasers about planned activities, giveaways, and other goodies.
- Set up a website landing page specifically for your event. Landing pages can be extremely powerful tools for businesses wishing to engage prospective clients and event attendees.
- Host online giveaways to encourage registration. Post an Instagram photo about your upcoming event and offer prizes for the first ten to twenty people who register. Use Rafflecopter to create giveaways and share the giveaway code on websites, blogs, and Facebook pages.
During the Event
All the planning in the world won’t help you if your event is a boring flop. Be sure to keep attendees involved with interactive, team-building activities. There are plenty of apps from which to choose. For example, Scavify claims their app is “the easiest way to run custom, interactive scavenger hunts…” A team scavenger hunt can promote teamwork and strengthen working relationships.
Other ideas can vary from simple to complex and from inexpensive to somewhat costly. Depending on your budget, you can include things like:
- Audio Stations
- Photo Booths
- Video Game Stations
- Virtual Reality Gear
After the Event
Send out polls, questionnaires or surveys to gather information from your attendees. Encourage responses by offering discount codes or small tokens of appreciation. Again, mobile apps come in handy with dozens of survey and poll apps from which to choose.
With some thoughtful ingenuity, careful planning, hard work and timely follow-up you can use modern technology to your event-planning advantage! Get in touch if you’d like to discuss how the Savvy team can help your company incorporate technology into your next event.